Wednesday, August 3, 2011

347) 11 random pieces of unsolicited advice

the literary life 8/3/2011

1) People who frequently give unsolicited advice need to read more Bukowski.

2) Stalkers are made, not born.

3) The act of asserting one's boundaries is sacred and empowering.

4) Bacon tastes best during the month of Ramadan.

5) Changing your name frequently is a sign of maturity.

6) Redford was a Horse-whisperer...be whisperer to something.

7) Plant a garden in your mouth.

8) Be nobody to somebody.

9) Dance the kathak with your conscience.

10) Write a novel in the voice your worst quality.

11) Romanticize solitude. So here I'd like to say a bit more and add that I really enjoy spending time by myself. Solitude is healing, liberating, and rejuvenating. An artist needs solitude, needs time to chill out and hang out and stare at the sky. I covet moments of silence though sometimes I fear fully inhabiting them because solitude can also be daunting. But the truth is, it's only on the page and in solitude that I can determine what I want and embrace what I know...Writing gives the best advice...

No comments:

Post a Comment