Monday, October 8, 2012
368) 22 random discoveries
Poetry & Food 10/8/2012
1) It's calming to embrace the power of karma.
2) It's not that difficult to make sweet pistachio-filled Baklava!
3) Light pink comforters are a good investment. Let me say that in larger font: Light pink comforters are a good investment!
4) Teaching well largely depends upon grading efficiently. Students appreciate quick responses to their work. Something magical follows...
5) The smallest, most seemingly insignificant conversations of our day contain zero calories and lots of nutrients.
6) Charles Finch! Charles Finch! Charles Finch!
7) Sitcom characters can be as wise as age-old yogis.
8) Sometimes...talk is overrated. Silence is underrated.
9) Doing something small for yourself at the start of the day is inspiring. You begin the morning with a sense of purpose and can give more easily.
10) Forgive, forgive, forgive. Forgive yourself, forgive others, forgive your fellow drivers. Resentment isn't chic.
11) Glow in the dark stars on your ceiling remind you how small a space you occupy in this big uncertain galaxy. Feeling small at times can ripen the senses.
12) Experience instructs. Love your experiences. Love the people you share them with.
13) It's okay to believe in unicorns. It's okay to be quietly confident. It's okay to be monolingual.
14) Chai-wallah! Chai-wallah! It's fun to say, Chai-wallah!
15) This website rocks: http://www.lostateminor.com/
16) Seyed Alavi (Artist), Anis Shivani (Critic), & Hari Kondabolu (Comedian). They all inspire me and speak to different parts of my personality.
17) Eating honeydew melon will change your life for the better.
18) Vulnerability is sexy.
19) Trying too hard is exhausting and people can tell. Better to try medium.
20) Just 10% slower in everything you do.
21) Know at least one good magic trick, one good joke, and one good bottle of wine. It'll come in handy.
22) Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. (I forget who said this, but they were right!)