Tuesday, January 28, 2014

selfish post





 1/28/2014

No, you may not borrow my stapler, so please stop asking!  I think people should have their own staplers.  It’s uncouth to impose on someone this way.  Yet there’s the counterargument: a compassionate person lets someone borrow things like staplers.  But here’s the conundrum.  I am compassionate, and I still don’t want you to borrow my stapler.  So what do you have to say to that??  No, I’m not cranky.  I’ve had my coffee today.  And I’m thinking of getting some chocolate cookies for snack later, so I'm not feeling deprived or anything.  Someone complimented my nails this morning, and I am wearing the right shoes, which is an added bonus.  So, no, I’m not raising this serious philosophical question out of some vexed mental state...     

No comments:

Post a Comment